They say day two of the draft is where the meat of your team is accumulated.
Teams like the Ravens and Saints play the game better than most. Jockeying for position.
Let’s look at each pick and will provide a handful of notes.
34-COLTS-WR-Michael Pittman-Southern Cal
37-PATRIOTS-S-Kyle Duggar-Lenoir Rhyne
38-PANTHERS-EDGE-Yetur Gross-Matos-Penn State
Colts acquire pick 41; Browns receive pick 44 and pick 160 (5th)
43-BEARS-TE-Cole Kmet-Notre Dame
45-BUCCANEERS-S-Antoine Winfield, Jr.-Minnesota
46-BRONCOS-WR-K.J. Hamler-Penn State
Seahawks acquire pick 48; Jets receive pick 59 and pick 101 (3rd)
49-STEELERS-WR-Chase Claypool-Notre Dame
52-RAMS-RB-Cam Akers-Florida State
55-RAVENS-RB-J.K. Dobbins-Ohio State
58-VIKINGS-OT-Ezra Cleveland-Boise State
Patriots acquire pick 60 and pick 129 (4th); Ravens receive pick 71 (3rd) and pick 98 (3rd)
62-PACKERS-RB-A.J. Dillon-Boston College
63-CHIEFS-LB-Willie Gay-Mississippi State
64-PANTHERS-S-Jeremy Chinn-Southern Illinois
Panthers acquire pick 64; Seahawks receive pick 69 (3rd) and pick 148 (5th)
67-LIONS-EDGE-Julian Okwara-Notre Dame
71-RAVENS-DL-Justin Madubuike-Texas A&M
73-JAGUARS-DL-DaVon Hamilton-Ohio State
Saints acquire pick 74 and pick 244 (7th); Browns receive pick 88 and a 2021 3rd
75-LIONS-G-Jonah Jackson-Ohio State
Lions acquire pick 75 and pick 197 (6th); Colts receive pick 85, pick 149 (5th), and pick 182 (6th)
81-RAIDERS-WR-Bryan Edwards-South Carolina
89-VIKINGS-CB-Cameron Dantzler-Mississippi State
Patriots acquire pick 91 and pick 159 (5th); Raiders receive pick 100, pick 139 (4th), and pick 172 (5th)
93-TITANS-RB-Darrynton Evans-Appalachian State
98-RAVENS-LB-Malik Harrison-Ohio State
101-PATRIOTS-TE-Dalton Keene-Virginia Tech
Patriots acquire pick 101; Jets receive pick 125 (4th), pick 129 (4th), and a 2021 6th
Saints acquire pick 105; Vikings receive picks 130 (4th), 169 (5th), 203 (6th), and 244 (7th)
106-RAVENS-OT-Tyre Phillips-Mississippi State
- I like what Denver has done so far in this class. They are building around their young QB Drew Lock. I wasn’t enamored with KJ Hamler but you can’t overlook his game-breaking ability. Cushenberry and Agim are both future starters.
- The Packers have had one of the most puzzling drafts to this point. They were one game away from a Super Bowl and needed more weapons for Aaron Rodgers. Instead, Green Bay drafted his heir apparent at QB, an H-Back in Deguara, and a power back in Dillon. Don’t get me wrong, I love AJ Dillon as a prospect but this was the wrong time for this pick.
- Arizona has only had two picks but they have both been outstanding. Getting Simmons in round one and Josh Jones at pick 82 was stealing.
- Why the hell did the Eagles draft Jalen Hurts at pick 53? I have nothing to add, just a question.
- Baltimore was setting up for an all-time draft class based on my board until the last pick of the third round. I had 415 non-specialists ranked on my board. Mississippi State Tyre Phillips was #415. He is a poor athlete, was overwhelmed in Mobile, and was inherently weak on tape. Terrible pick.
- 40 SEC players were selected in the first three rounds. That is far and away a record. Per Elias Sports, it is already tied for the most selections through the first FOUR ROUNDS!
- LSU (10) and Alabama (9) are leading the way of selections by schools.
- With their trade up to acquire Dayton TE Adam Trautman, the New Orleans Saints decided to just take the rest of the draft off. Their 2020 haul (barring surrendering another 2021 pick) will be three players deep. Cesar Ruiz, Zack Baun, and Trautman will be their group. And a damn fine group it is.
- Minnesota was beneficiary of the Saints trade and now has 13 picks left. If either the Vikings or Dolphins make all of their selections that they have to remain they will set the modern draft record (since the daft was trimmed to seven rounds) for picks made.
- Miami has nine picks left, Jacksonville has eight, while the Giants have seven.
- The Jaguars, Vikings, Jets, and Eagles all have three fourth-round picks to start day three.
BEST 100 AVAILABLE TO START DAY THREE
1-EDGE-Curtis Weaver-Boise State
3-CB-Kindle Vildor-Georgia Southern
6-CB-Troy Pride-Notre Dame
9-EDGE-Kenny Willekes-Michigan State
11-RB-Eno Benjamin-Arizona State
16-EDGE-D.J. Wonnum-South Carolina
18-DL-Jason Strowbridge-North Carolina
20-CB-Josiah Scott-Michigan State
21-LB-Akeem Davis-Gaither-Appalachian State
25-RB-James Robinson-Illinois State
33-S-L’Jarius Sneed-Louisiana Tech
39-CB-Amik Robertson-Louisiana Tech
41-TE-Harrison Bryant-Florida Atlantic
44-DL-Larrell Murchison-NC State
46-DL-Raequan Williams-Michigan State
47-G-John Molchon-Boise State
48-CB-Stanford Samuels-Florida State
51-S-Levonta Taylor-Florida State
53-OT-Alex Taylor-South Carolina State
54-WR-Josh Pearson-Jacksonville State
56-RB-LeVante Bellamy-Western Michigan
57-RB-Rico Dowdle-South Carolina
59-WR-Isaiah Hodgins-Oregon State
60-DL-Robert Windsor-Penn State
62-G-Danny Pinter-Ball State
64-WR-John Hightower-Boise State
68-EDGE-Khalid Kareem-Notre Dame
71-OT-Ben Bartch-Saint John’s (MN)
72-EDGE-Jonathan Garvin-Miami (FL)
73-EDGE-Derrek Tuszka-North Dakota State
79-WR-Quez Watkins-Southern Miss
83-WR-Dezmon Patmon-Washington State
84-WR-Quartney Davis-Texas A&M
85-DL-Tanner Karafa-Boston College
86-LB-T.J. Brunson-South Carolina
87-WR-Isaiah Coulter-Rhode Island
88-G-Netane Muti-Fresno State
90-CB-A.J. Green-Oklahoma State
91-LB-Mykal Walker-Fresno State
92-CB-John Reid-Penn State
94-C-Keith Ismael-San Diego State
95-CB-Madre Harper-Southern Illinois
96-RB-Jason Huntley-New Mexico State